ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING STANDARDS
Terms of Reference
- To review all auditing and accounting pronouncements issued by International Federation of Accountants and International Accounting Standards Board, and any other recognized standard issuing bodies respectively with the objective of recommending to Council their adoption for application in Barbados.
- To distribute as necessary to members and the public all relevant pronouncements on accounting and auditing matters, including approved standards and guidelines.
- To liaise with regulatory bodies/agencies and stakeholders with respect to new legislation and proposed changes to existing legislation and proposed changes to existing legislation in relation to statutory reporting requirements.
- To gather and provide feedback on proposed standards as requested by standard setting bodies.
- To liaise with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Education & Student Committees for the determination of all recommended courses of training for members and students on accounting and auditing matters.